NIGERIA OF MY DREAM

I weep in fear I feel so dim with drear Longing for a ray of light To make it come out bright It started with a fight Brought about great fright Children out of sight Parent gets the bite Eyes fading off Plans falling off War now our conclusion Killing now a profession Men can no longer trust Like metals hearts now rust The wealthy defend their pockets The masses move with empty buckets Education now a second order discipline Yet we call the youth leaders of tomorrow I cry for my dream I wish it wasn’t dim I pray it comes true After all what I have been through Days of starvation Days of stagnation I see a nation where the coat of arms means a lot Where the anthem is not sang for naught Where our currency will not be bought Where our flag will be without a blot Where our motto will calm down wrath Where our leaders will have us in thought I see citizens being equal Where parental connections won’t be the ticket I see men boasting of three square meal with good roads I see our graduates smile to their place of work I see all religious leaders eating from one bowl I see the green in our flag showing on our lands I see NIGERIA lending to nations I see education being everyone’s right I can’t wait to see this come true But I need you, you and you to see what I am seeing Let it come through in our time Innocents blood are tired of crying Animals are fed up of dying in disaster Children are tired of praying See NIGERIA like I do Love and Pray for NIGERIA And NIGERIA OF MY DREAM and OUR DREAM can come true

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LESSON FROM THE STREETS

SHE NEVER LOVED US

Lesson From Dads Desk