NIGERIA OF MY DREAM

I weep in fear I feel so dim with drear Longing for a ray of light To make it come out bright It started with a fight Brought about great fright Children out of sight Parent gets the bite Eyes fading off Plans falling off War now our conclusion Killing now a profession Men can no longer trust Like metals hearts now rust The wealthy defend their pockets The masses move with empty buckets Education now a second order discipline Yet we call the youth leaders of tomorrow I cry for my dream I wish it wasn’t dim I pray it comes true After all what I have been through Days of starvation Days of stagnation I see a nation where the coat of arms means a lot Where the anthem is not sang for naught Where our currency will not be bought Where our flag will be without a blot Where our motto will calm down wrath Where our leaders will have us in thought I see citizens being equal Where parental connections won’t be the ticket I see men boasting of three square meal with good roads I see our graduates smile to their place of work I see all religious leaders eating from one bowl I see the green in our flag showing on our lands I see NIGERIA lending to nations I see education being everyone’s right I can’t wait to see this come true But I need you, you and you to see what I am seeing Let it come through in our time Innocents blood are tired of crying Animals are fed up of dying in disaster Children are tired of praying See NIGERIA like I do Love and Pray for NIGERIA And NIGERIA OF MY DREAM and OUR DREAM can come true

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DONT BLAME MAN

JUST FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY