NEWS FLASH..

News Flash: It is finished...

This was what I woke up to meet as I hurriedly placed calls across to know what's finished. Could it be the last meal in the house haven been locked in the house for days, or Its the number of cases affected with the plague... Lost in happiness and worry I couldn't detect myself as I kept trying to know and all signals wouldn't connect...... 

I was notorious and a crime addict at that, crime was my life and it just defines my present and future. My only hope was loosing it someday "I mean whatever it was that held me bound".. We were turned lovers.. "My chains and i" they bound me close with close embrace around my wrist and feet keeping me warm.. I wasn't so comfortable at first but I loved the feeling with time.

For every time I tried to run the sweet words brought me back enticing me and reminding me of how long we have been together. I had a tag attached to me... Barabbas, my home with behind BARS, I guess I was destined this was I concluded as I grew to love my new home of peaceful war.

Suddenly I found a friend thrown in with me, he was nice and wondered how I coped in chains.. "you never sabi na why, if you tey small here you sef go know say life no get part two, as e take come, na so we take collect am" were my words to him. He obviously looked cool headed and innocent. I wonder how he got here but wasn't I innocent at some point? All join.

I never knew it was all a script as we played in the cells. The day came forgotten to the cold arms of death. I found myself before a huge crowd. Public death I thought to myself but my votes counted as they nullified my death. A swift swap... I was to go for him to be killed.

This currency wasn't local, I couldn't even afford whatever cost this will carry, he saw my debts and won't let me end such with death, he put his life on the line as payment for it. He looked at me mixed with tears and happiness within a bit coined me in himself he bore me in him and gave himself to me.

He emptied all of him in me as he deposited an eternal company in me with which I will never get bankrupt. My eyes were wide opened in blindness as all I could see was an image unknown. 

I ate the grape but his teeth felt the sour taste, I did the murdering, he took my death instead. My nails hurt but they were drilled into his palms. He bled to wash me pure and clean.

Then he looked at me and smiled. IT IS FINISHED... Now you can walk on the streets happy and fulfilled. I paid the last of the debt. I balanced the last sheet and you are the profit of my father's venture, feel free walk in, come! All your wrongs have been debited and a new spirit credited in you....

I broke down and wept... He died and rose. I know I wouldn't have, my chains held me bound he broke mine and his, death scared me he destroyed its existence. He allowed himself in the tomb  so he can get the keys and lock it up..

I am forever indebted that they never knew His purpose was to come and die for me... If only they had known.. They wouldn't have crucified him.....

Happy Easter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DONT BLAME MAN

JUST FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY

NIGERIA OF MY DREAM